Frimley Training Hub are pleased to offer Vaccination Training for Health Care Assistants on the 5th & 6th July – this training is suitable for experienced HCA’s (minimum of 2 years working in general practice) who are new to the skill of vaccination (this training is not suitable for colleagues needing an vaccination update).
This a two day training is using a blended approach, Day One will be delivered virtually. Day Two will be held face to face – due to social distancing, groups will be limited to 4 candidates, you will be allocated a time slot.
The face to face element will be held at The Learning Enterprise, Farnham Hospital, Hale Road, Farnham, Surrey. GU9 9QL (1st Floor Learning & Development department)
Learning outcomes – Day 1
- Overview of Immunology & the Immune response; current practice of delivery of Influenza, Shingles, Pneumococcal vaccine plus B12 injection
- Vaccine preventable diseases – Influenza, Shingles and Pneumococcal disease – This will consider contraindications / side effects
- The role of the HCSW as an immuniser (including role limitations, the role of others in immunisation)
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting & the legal aspect
- Correct administration of vaccines – Including site identification, purpose of IM’s and best practice administration, theoretical training
Learning outcomes – Day 2 Theory & Practical
- AAI Auto injector & management of Anaphylaxis
- Storage and handling of vaccines, including The Cold Chain
- Overview of PSD’s
- Practical session
Please book on here: (limited to 12 spaces)