Online GP Masterclass – Old Age and Frailty
Improve your prescribing practice with the Drug Safety Research Unit (DSRU)
The DSRUs Masterclasses are carefully designed in consultation with GPs, to provide you with interactive training that can be applied directly to your everyday prescribing.
Our GP Masterclass in Old Age and Frailty will take place online on Tuesday 11th May and is a day packed with practical advice from GP and specialist colleagues.
Join us and you will:
- Gain a better understanding of what can be done about frailty and how to measure it
- Improve your knowledge of dementia: the perils of screening and the problem with pills
- Take away key messages for prescribing for older patients
- Learn about the RCGP / Marie Curie UK Daffodil Standards: Quality care during the last days of life
- Receive tips on prescribing for osteoporosis and falls
- Improve your understanding of heart failure in older patients
- Understand why geriatric oncology is important and the challenges of managing older people with cancer
Why choose DSRU for your prescribing training?
- Suitable for all prescribers in primary care
- Taught by GP and specialist colleagues, making the presentations relevant to every day practice
- No sponsorship from the pharmaceutical industry
- £150 (incl VAT) for a full day training, or £125 (incl VAT) for GP registrars.
“It was my delight attending this meeting. Would strongly recommend for all my colleagues.” GP Masterclass Old Age and Frailty Delegate
To book your place please visit the website.
Please contact the DSRU Education & Training team with any questions: EandT@dsru.org