Virtual workshop for GPNs, AHPs and HCAs new to Anticoagulation.
Frimley Training Hub working with Dr Subo Emmanuel are pleased to offer an introduction to anticoagulation for healthcare professionals in primary care who are involved in seeing patients for anticoagulation therapy.
Part 1 will help you:
- Understand the importance of anticoagulation in reducing morbidity and mortality in people with atrial fibrillation and venous thromboembolism
- Understand the indications and contraindications of different oral anticoagulant drugs.
- Know how to reverse the effects of anticoagulant drugs
- Appreciate the importance of giving patients adequate information about their proposed therapy and know what issues to cover.
- The harms caused by oral anticoagulants and how to avoid them
- The pros and cons of different models of care for long term anticoagulation.
Part 2 dates to follow and will include a demonstration of how to use computer systems such as INR Star.
View the full agenda here: Anticoagulation Induction – Part 1
Please complete the details below to book a space. Details on how to join the event will follow shortly.