- This event has passed.
Accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, this online Mental Health First Aid course qualifies learners to become registered Mental Health First Aiders. MHFA helps to raise awareness of mental health and reduce stigma and discrimination in the hope that more people will come forward for help. This course is open to all clinical and non-clinical staff in Thames Valley.
This comprehensive online course is delivered over four interactive online sessions of approximately 2.5hrs each with some self-directed learning in between. During the course, there will discussions and activities around the different mental health conditions and how to provide practical and emotional support to someone experiencing poor mental health; how to assess and assist with any crisis, and how to best look after your own mental health. All sessions must be attended to qualify and receive your certificate. Please click here to see the course flyer.
The 4 sessions listed under each date section are available below:
- Jan 31st, Feb 2nd, 7th & 9th
- March 15th, 17th, 22nd & 24th
- May 3rd, 5th, 10th & 12th
- May 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th
- June 7th, 9th, 14th & 16th
- July 5th, 7th, 12th & 14th
- September 5th, 7th, 12th & 14th
- September 21st, 23rd, 27th & 29th
- October 4th, 6th, 11th, 13th
- October 3rd, 5th, 10th & 12th
- November 1st, 3rd, 8th & 10th
- November 15th, 17th, 22nd & 24th.
Timings for each of the 4 sessions listed above are:
- Session 1: 12pm to 2:15pm
- Session 2: 12pm to 2:50pm
- Session 3: 12pm to 2:50pm
- Session 4: 12pm to 2:30pm
If you are interested in this course, please submit an Expression of Interest using the form below, you will be emailed confirmation of the date that you have been allocated to attend.