Today’s turbulent NHS needs effective leaders more than ever, able to work with peers, partners as well as across health and social care economies. It is not enough to have good ideas and wise opinions – they must be delivered compellingly.
Having impact when presenting to audiences requires maximising an individual’s ability to read their audience both intellectually and emotionally, and to influence and negotiate rather than rely on line management authority. Impact requires personal authority and insight immeasurably more than technical/IT skills.
- Increased self-awareness – what it is like to be at the receiving end of themselves – and how to increase their impact positively
- Refined awareness of the intellectual and emotional assumptions of others and how to influence them
- Improved understanding of emotional literacy and its use in managing resistance to change and the integration agenda
- Greater advanced communication skills necessary to influence and negotiate
- Increased ability to give and receive “clean”, constructive feedback and therefore greater resilience when managing change
- An individualised action plan to take back to the workplace
Valerie James, an Independent Consultant and Corporate Psychologist will be delivering the training. Valerie James to view Valerie’s bio.
The half day taster workshop will be highly interactive to increase the level of engagement and personalised learning and to capitalise on outcomes. Participants will engage with how they think, feel and act as leaders.
Ascot Racecourse, High Street, Ascot SL5 7JX
Light lunch served from 1.00pm – 1.30pm
Please note that we ask all attendees to have taken a Lateral Flow Test on the morning of the event, and be prepared to wear a face mask if conditions require.
This course is now fully booked.