Frimley local maternity system has been granted funding to become one of just 14 sites in England to offer a Perinatal Pelvic Health Service; allowing women to access multidisciplinary pelvic health clinics and pathways.
Led by advanced physiotherapy practitioners in pelvic health, Jenny Shepard and Catherine Ross, the exciting new service offers:
- Prevention from and mitigation of pelvic floor dysfunction resulting from pregnancy and childbirth
- Improved identification of pelvic floor issues in the antenatal and postnatal periods
- Timely treatment access for women with an expansion of pelvic health physiotherapy services
The service was developed following research which shows that after childbirth:
- One in three women will experience urinary incontinence
- One in 10 women will experience faecal incontinence
- One in 12 women will experience pelvic organ prolapse
You’re invited to book your place
Keen to co-produce strategies with patients and multidisciplinary team members, Jenny and Catherine are inviting you to attend one of their ‘Clench it or Drench it!’ focus groups.
Groups will run for two hours, with separate morning, lunchtime and afternoon sessions taking place on:
- July 7 2021
- July 16 2021
- July 20 2021
- July 21 2021
Please note these sessions will be followed-up by Autumn training meetings to complement the new service’s launch.