The General Practice Fellowship programme is a national commitment announced in the NHS Long Term Plan, and restated in the February 2020 ‘Update to the GP Contract agreement 2020/21–2023/24’.
It is a two-year programme of support, available to all newly-qualified GPs and nurses working substantively in general practice, with an explicit focus on working within and across a Primary Care Network (PCN).
The programme offers support with:
- PCN portfolio opportunities and learning and development post-registration
- Encouraging newly qualified nurses and GPs to take up substantive roles in primary care
- Understanding the context they are working in and become embedded in their PCN
- Access to a funded GP mentor
- Funded CPD opportunities of one session per week (pro rata)
- A chance to experience rotational placements within or across PCNs
To find out more about how your practice or PCN can get involved in this initiative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org