Are you a general practice nurse or health care professional new to general practice?
If so, you can sign up to two new fundamentals courses led by Buckinghamshire New University.
The two courses – Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing – and – Clinical Skills and Management of Long Term Conditions for Health Care professionals in primary care – aim to:
- Empower you to learn the foundational knowledge needed to become a confident and competent general practice nurse or other health care professional.
- Become an accountable member of your practice team.
You’ll be taught a range of clinical skills, health promotion and screening as well as the management and assessment of long-term conditions.
Through consultation with other healthcare professionals, you’ll consider issues relating to leadership and team working, accountability, quality and governance in order to develop in your general practice role.
Course topics will include:
- The NHS Cervical Screening Programme.
- Women and men’s health.
- National immunisations programme and travel care.
- Ear care.
- Wound management.
- Introduction to several long-term conditions.
Monitoring and management themes will include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cardiovascular disease.
How to apply
If you would like to apply please can you email email@example.com and not apply directly to the university.