It’s important that NHS careers adapt to evolving patient and population needs. 90% per cent of consultations happen in primary care. Quality primary care placements are key to engaging new talent and building the multidisciplinary workforce of the future.
Students are the workforce of the future, placements in primary care can help build their understanding of the patient journey and wider factors influencing health and wellbeing, as well as raise the profile of opportunities within primary care.
Benefits of Hosting Students
- Encouraging best evidence based practice – through questioning, students encourage clinicians to reflect on and improve their practice
- Support practices with research and quality improvement work
- Contributing to the development of your personal clinical education, supervision and leadership skills
- Contribute to NMC revalidation & HCPC renewal
- Tariff payment for each placement
- Attract staff with the right values to aid recruitment
- Enhance a culture of learning in practice, impacting on care and clinical effectiveness
Frimley Training Hub will be able to support with setting up pre-registration placements, from practice placement agreements, through audit and evaluation and information on tariff – contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about hosting, supervising and assessing students, please see the links under the ‘students’ tab at the top of the page.