Students are the workforce of the future. Placements in primary care will give students and learners an opportunity to be involved and participate in the fundamentals of patient care, develop their understanding of the patient journey and wider factors influencing health and wellbeing, as well as raise the profile of opportunities within primary care.
A placement in primary care will also enable them to further expand their knowledge and understanding of the role of other members of the health and social care team and their contribution to service user care. It is a great opportunity to showcase multidisciplinary working and what the world of Primary Care can offer.
Quality primary care placements are key to engaging new talent and building the multidisciplinary workforce of the future.
Benefits of Hosting Students
- Encouraging best evidence based practice – through questioning, students encourage clinicians to reflect on and improve their practice
- Support practices with research and quality improvement work
- Contributing to the development of your personal clinical education, supervision and leadership skills
- Contribute to NMC revalidation & HCPC renewal
- Tariff payment for each placement
- Attract staff with the right values to aid recruitment
- Supports career development and retention of existing staff
- Enhance a culture of learning in practice, impacting on care and clinical effectiveness
Click here to download the student placements guide for information on what is involved in becoming a placement provider, student supervision and next steps.
Frimley Training Hub will be able to support with setting up pre-registration placements, from practice placement agreements, through audit and evaluation and information on tariff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org